Facebook users can now send one another "secret" messages that can't be read by the company or eavesdroppers thanks to heightened security in a new section of the Messenger app.
The new feature called "Secret Conversations", which was announced earlier this summer, means that users can send messages that are end-to-end encrypted, with an option to set a timer for them to self-destruct.
How to send a "secret" Facebook message
- As you can only register one device from which to use Secret Conversations on per Facebook account, you should first choose the device
- Open the Messenger app on you chosen device
- Tap the compose button in the top right hand corner of the screen
- A list of contacts will appear and in the top right will be the word "Secret". Tap this
- Select the person you want to message
- To set up a timer on a message tap the stopwatch icon in the text box
Send more secret messages with twice as much battery life, just add the world's slimmest charger case to your phone.
If you want to charge your iPhone 7 on the go, find out more about the worlds slimmest charging case.