Pokémon Go is getting new Pokémon from the second generation. It starts with Togepi, Pichu, and the other Gen 2 babies the Johto Region in Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games, but there's lots more to come.
That includes new evolutions and new split evolutions! for Gen 1 Pokémon, and all new Gen 2 Pokémon as well. Here's everything you need to know!
There's one twist though, you have to hatch them from eggs. No catching, no spawns, no lures, no incense. Just. Eggs.
- Cleffa (baby Clefairy) in 2 KM eggs.
- Igglybuff (baby Jigglypuff) in 2 KM eggs.
- Pichu (baby Pikachu) in 5 KM eggs.
- Togepi (baby Togetic) in 5 KM eggs.
- Magby (baby Magmar) in 10 KM eggs.
- Smoochum (baby Jinx) in 10 KM eggs.
- Elekid (baby Electobuzz) in 10 KM eggs.
What about new evolutions for Gen 1 Pokémon in Gen 2?
They're on their way! Evolution items have been found in the code for the latest version of Pokémon Go. Based on their names, it's possible you might need to acquire these items in order to get the Gen 2 evolutions. From The Silph Road:
- Sun Stone: Evolve Gloom to Bellossum.
- Kings Rock: Evolve Poliwhirl to Politoed, Slowpoke to Slowking
- Metal Coat: Evolve Onix to Steelix, Scyther to Scizor
- Dragon Scale: Evolve Seadra to Kingdra
- Up Grade: Evolve Porygon to Porygon 2
Here are all the new evolutions expected for Gen 2:
- Golbat to Crobat
- Gloom to Bellossom (split)
- Poliwhirl to Politoed (split)
- Eevee to Espeon (split)
- Eevee to Umbreon (split)
- Slowpoke to Slowking (split)
- Onix to Steelix
- Scyther to Scizor
- Seadra to Kingdra
- Porygon to Porygon 2
- Chansey to Blissey
So, yeah, start saving that candy and getting those high-stat Pokémon ready to evolve!
So when are the rest of the Gen 2 Pokémon arriving already?
Here's what Pokémon Go said in December of 2016:
[The Gen 2 babies] are the first of more Pokémon coming to Pokémon GO over the next few months.
That means we should see more by February or, if things go long, by March of 2017. Keep this page bookmarked and we'll let you know more as soon as it's announced — or spawns!