Instagram is simple to use which makes it appealing to on-the-go people who are tired of the congestion on Facebook and Twitter.
1. Jump to Camera Roll
Sometimes you aren't posting to Instagram on the fly. You may want to share a photo you took a few days ago or earlier in the day.
Instead of having to go through a 3-step process to get to your gallery, there is a shortcut... although it only works for iPhones.
Here's an easy way to get to your gallery:
- Open Instagram
- Hold down camera icon
- Camera roll (gallery) opens
- Select photo
2. Edit Your Instagram Photos
Even occasional users love Instagram's photo editing features.
There are so many options in addition to those famous Instagram filters. Here's how to access the goods:
- Select Photo, Tap Next
- Then tap wrench icon on the right
- Use tools to sharpen, change brightness or contrast, add warmth, highlights, shadows, etc.
3. Send Photos and Videos to Friends
A really sweet feature Instagram added is the ability to send private messages to friends that contain photos and videos.
Many Instagram users asked for this feature, but I'm betting some still don't know it's there. Here's how to send a message:
- Tap the mailbox icon in the upper right corner of the home screen
- Tap the "+" sign
- Choose who to message
- Take a new picture/video or choose from existing images
- Tap "Send to" or the green box with the check mark -- depending on your phone
4. Adjust Auto-Play Settings
This has changed on Android and is no longer available on iOS. Thankfully, even though we can't adjust the auto-play setting on the iPhone -- the sound doesn't automatically come on unless you tap the screen.
On Android -- head into your Instagram profile and:
- Tap the 3 dots at the top right (this is the menu button).
- Once in settings or options scroll down to “Cellular Data Use” and select this.
- It used to be “Videos” but that option has been removed.
5. Download Instagram Photos to Computer
Did you know there's a way to download your Instagram photos from your phone to your computer?
If you want to charge your iPhone 7 on the go, find out more about the worlds slimmest charging case.